Roar and more Training
Individual and group training for the ROAR or other multisport events is available from Paul Mahon of Multisport Adventure Ireland (www.msai.ie) and Brian Keogh of Total Experience (www.totalexperience.ie) by arrangement.
Expert tuition is assured from two of Ireland's leading adventure racers who already have given training courses for the West Wicklow Roar, Wicklow Adventure Race and Galeforce events.
The training available can be tailored for those doing Gaelforce, Achill Roar, WAR or other adventure race events
Please e-mail us at email@example.com if interested in group or individual training.
To get you started here are some top Adventure Racing tips from Paul
- Plan specifically for each race
- Find out the detail of the course (distances, terrain, profile, etc) and train accordingly
- Ensure your bike is in good condition and not likely to cause you problems
- This includes tyre and pressure selection to suit the terrain if it is variable
- Select suitable clothing and bag / bum bag etc for event
- Ensure you have practiced in whatever clothing you think you might wear and that your bag does not bounce, provides quick access, etc
- Be prepared for changed weather conditions – mentally and physically
- Ensure footwear is well broken in before event
- This may involve more than one pair of shoes to take account of underfoot conditions
- Plan your food strategy appropriate to the race
- Ensure you have sufficient food for the event and only eat bars/ gels that work for you
- Hydrate often and early - water is usually not sufficient
- Use hydration products that work for in training you such as NUUN, Hi Five, Deoralyte, etc
- Expect the unexpected as it sometimes does happen
- If you have problems along the way just deal with them quickly and get back to racing asap
Bootcamp Ireland runs military style fitness training all over Dublin, Limerick, Ennis and Meath. Our real military instructors will put you through your paces in a fun and motivating way, and help you get in top shape for your ROAR challenge! We cover all elements of fitness in our classes and are open to men and women of all fitness levels and ages. We run classes, hail, rain or shine, and once you do your first Bootcamp Ireland training session, you'll be hooked! As part of our Bootcamp Running Series, we encourage our members to take part in such events as ROAR and WAR and will run workshops and training days to help get you there! Running 8 week sessions and availing of our classes 2-3 times a week will really compliment any training you do, or single handedly get you across the finish line with a proud smile on your face! Join us now on www.bootcampireland.com, or call us on 01 2343797, and be part of a great team!